I've used eVoice for awhile, and while they are cheap, they have given me problems pretty consistently.

I used their live phone call answering service, where a group of "trained" people answer the phone, set appointments, and answer basic questions. It is cheaper than getting someone to actually answer phones full-time, but you purchase "live" minutes. I had 50 minutes of answering time for about $130.

It started to fall apart pretty quickly. Their were supposed to try forwarding the call, and if that didn't work, check the calendar and setup a time for a callback. They stopped trying to forward the call, then they stopped checking the calendar time slots and just began scheduling people wherever. We started getting double-booked, or finding out we are scheduled during hours when nothing should be scheduled.

Then we started getting voicemail in the middle of the day, which meant no one was picking up our calls during business hours. We were getting emails saying the phone would ring and be sent to voicemail. They said they were adding more people and had become overwhelmed, but I canceled anyways. Even when they answered the phone, they couldn't check a calendar and write down a name.

eVoice is also really terrible to deal with if you have any issues with your account. I had my billing card's info stolen. There was no warning email, only something telling me that my account was terminated. I called their listed number a dozen times, but my account info wouldn't "verify" and there was no way to talk to a real person. I emailed their customer help, which is slow and terribly unhelpful. It took me two days to get in contact with a human being so I could update my billing information.

Just a mediocre company. If I didn't already have this number on my marketing material, I'd happily switch to a different company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Evoice Telecommunications Answering Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 13, 2016.

Comments

Monomoy Island, Massachusetts, United States #1226213

Thank you for this informed information. I was afraid this maybe the case.